PET Bottle Recycling
Strong yet lightweight, PET bottles are a popular choice for packaging in many industries including food, beverage, and health & beauty. PET bottles can be recycled in a variety of ways, but to ensure complete sustainability of the container, the label must be recyclable as well.
Two Sustainable Label Options
Brook & Whittle offers two sustainable label options—pressure sensitive labels and shrink sleeves—which maximize the recyclability without polluting the waste stream. Both of these label types:
- Enable PET bottles to be recycled into rPET
- Meet the Critical Guidance requirements set by The Association of Plastic Recyclers
- Pass stringent trade association testing
- Reduce the need for fossil fuels
- Are compatible with existing label application and filling equipment
Pressure Sensitive Labels for PET Bottles
Pressure sensitive labels can be a barrier to product recyclability—but Brook & Whittle can produce PSLs with approved alternative inks and adhesives and specialty materials to create a completely sustainable labeling solution.
These pressure sensitive labels, including their adhesive and inks, will separate cleanly from PET flakes during the recycling process. Pure PET material can then be recovered and processed into new, clear plastic bottles.
- Available in white, clear, and metalized rigid and semi-conformable films
- Available with rPET liners (30% to 90% post-consumer waste)
Shrink Sleeves for PET Bottles
Brook & Whittle’s innovative technology allows shrink sleeves to be produced with the same materials as their host packaging—resulting in a fully recyclable product and increasing the yield of the recycling process.
These shrink sleeve labels will separate cleanly from PET flakes during the recycling process. The label’s ink will also release from the PET shrink film, allowing both the label and PET flakes to be recovered and processed into new, clear plastic bottles.
- Available in clear and white PET shrink film
Interested in Transitioning to Sustainable PET Bottles?
Put Brook & Whittle’s technical expertise to work for you. From concept to commercialization, we’ll work with you to develop a recyclable labeling solution.